September 8, 2007


Babies nowadays are supposed to blog about how great they are. Going on and on about their many skills and unbelievable cuteness. So here we go. When I was born they gave me this shirt. A very old friend of my parents commented:
"yeah right, maybe in a few years"
as if I wasn't worthy of wearing it.
And what have you accomplished in more than three decades if I may ask? Don't let my innocent appearance fool you! Here are my top 5 achievements at the age of 5 days when this picture was taken:
  1. Being invited to play for the English National Volleyball Team of lesbians in the European Championships. This must be regarded an even bigger achievement being a boy and all! I coldn't help mum didn't want to throw herself on the belly and chickened out. I would have won the bronze medal.
  2. Getting on top of the Langjökull glacier on my 3rd attempt.
  3. Going on a yearly 4x4 jeep trip for woman as a secret passenger. Sharing a jeep with my top secret twin friends Jökull & Jaki we actually outnumbered the women in our jeep without any of the women travelers noticing.
  4. Hitchhiking to Oslo in the middle of the night to catch a plane when the E6 main road was swept away by a flood and the bus decided to take a detour without letting anyone know.
  5. Lifting weights at the gym for 7 months. My folks have always said stretching improves your karate so I have also done a lot of stretches in my days. This is a good one.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails