March 6, 2009
















My blog is now one year old. It has become something of a kid's travel picture blog. So I figured I'll have an anniversary post with some old pictures I found. Most of them haven't been posted before. I started travelling at 3 weeks. Last summer was extremely hot and very cold. I went to the beach a lot with my friends. In July at 10 months I went on my first camping/hiking trip. Why start small when you can start off by staying in a tent for more than a week? The first night we were dropped by a boat in the middle of nowhere making it impossible to chicken out on the camping part and go home. First night Mom and Dad's air mattress got a big hole in it. Luckily they had mattresses in the old house they could borrow. I slept really well in the fresh air. You can see my fleece pyjama outfit on one of the pictures. I loved walking along the tent and hiding out in it. And Dad did all the hiking with me in a fancy backpack seat.
In August I stood on my own for the first time. It was during a photo shoot for the blog in front of the rock formations at Vik on the south coast. I hope you have noticed you can find pictures from our trips in the pictures from Iceland section to the right or look for pictures from different parts of the country.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails